Saturday, April 4, 2009

Layouts

This is the THIRD time tonight I have tried to post these layouts but because Ben was syncing his IPOD with an extra 70 songs my computer kept getting locked up on the uploading of picture part.

Today the family and I went on a little "mini spring cleaning" kick and it was interesting to try to get the boys to pitch in without griping and complaining. For the most part they did really well and the downstairs is almost finished. I still need to mop the kitchen floor and put the kitchen table back into the kitchen - and I haven't even thought about touching the office yet, I may try to get that started tomorrow since it is a day chore in itself.

Hubby grilled twice today which was really nice since my stove was in several pieces being cleaned. He cooked burgers for lunch and a simple grilled chicken covered in Nature's Seasoning and Worchester Sauce. It was really good. Josh made his "famous" mashed potatoes and I forgot the vegetables. I don't think anyone noticed though.

Ben spent the day with Lauren again today, her sister had a softball game and I understand they won. He got home after dinner and missed the last of the key lime pie by sheer minutes. Oh well, you snooze, you loose.

Have I mentioned lately that I LOVE being a CT? The number is now up to 6 (I added Lisa Minor and Scrappy Shannon this week) and I am having a blast. I am also participating in the "So You Think You Can Scrap" challenge which is being hosted by After 5 Designs and The Shabby Pickle. I am well on my way towards making my goal of 300 layouts this year. I know that sounds insane but I started digi-scrapping in Jan and I am up to 82 pages so far. I get to play with awesome kits, meet interesting and talented designers, make layouts and quickpages for the fun of it, and head toward my goals. It's a win/win.

Today after we got the house clean I came into the mess of the office, turned my back on the chaos and started two layouts that I was supposed to have finished earlier this week. The ladies at Bouquet of Pixels had us working on the charity collab quick pages in order to help the family that lost everything but I also had a couple of kits that I was working on as well. You can find both of these kits at http://www.bouquetofpixels.com/ and they are both adorable.

Can you believe that these pictures were taken 2 days before Christmas? I love the Texas weather.



Credits: I Give A Hoot by Inkin Creations; Template by Kimi's Kreations; White Epoxy Alpha by Micheline Martin

This beautiful woman is my mom. I used the Cozy Cottage Kit which was the Bouquet of Pixels Collab Kit for March and I just had to have it the second I saw the doll at the bottom of this layout. My mom is originally from Germany and instead of the soft cushy dolls that I had as a child, my mom's baby doll was a porcelan doll from her home country. She kept this doll on the jewelry box on her dresser for years. On year, and we aren't sure if it was grandkids or cats, the doll got knocked over and broke her arm. I didn't realize just how thin the porcelan was on the doll and there was no way to fix her. One Christmas a few years later I was looking through an Appenland catalog and there was this porcelan doll (almost identical to the one on the page) and I just knew I had to get it for mom. She unwrapped it and cried. I know that it doesn't replace the other one (who still holds the position of honor on the dresser) but I love watching her smile when she looks at the new one.

Credits: Cozy Cottage Kit, Bouquet of Pixels March Collab Kit

No comments:

Post a Comment