Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Alaskan Cruise

So, those of you who have been scrapping digitally for a while, have you noticed just how fast digital scrapping is compared to traditional scrapping? In June 2007 Wayne and I went on a one week cruise to Alaska on the MS Noordam, a Holland American ship. We had so much fun and I haven't even tried to court how many pictures we took on this trip. That being said, I still am not finished with my book!! I have scrapped 37 pages (not bad but not done) but I am missing some pretty important pages that hadn't done because it costs quite a bit to print 8 x 10s and 5 x 7s of some of the pictures I wanted. Also, it seems like such a waste to print 4 x 6s just to cut them into smaller pictures to fit all around a layout. In January of this year I discovered digital scrapping and have done over 100 pages. Please don't think I do nothing all day, I just don't sleep lol. Of course, until this week I didn't even THINK about mixing the types of pages in my book. Now that I have started I am having a blast, AND I was lucky enough to have found two different kits that work beautifully with the existing pages I have already made.

Friendship Kit by Theo Cosgrove available at Scrapgirls

and Jitterbug Kit by Scrappy Shannon and Stacey Cossley available at Pretty Scrappy

These are the layouts I have finished so far, and I can't wait to print them at Costco this week and add them to the book. I still have some stickers from the traditional book that I know I can add to the printed pages.

Title Page - this is one of my favorite pictures of the main glacier in Glacier Bay, one of the single prettiest places we saw while on the cruise.


Credits: Friendship Kit by Theo Cosgrove


Departing Seattle




Credits: Jitterbug by Stacey Cossley and Scrappy Shannon; Template by Yin

Ports of Call:
Credits: Friendship Kit by Theo Cosgrove

Formal Fun:

Midnight Dessert Buffet:








No comments:

Post a Comment