Friday, April 17, 2009


I know I am almost a week behind in posting my Easter pictures but life seemed to have gotten away from me this week. We went out to mom and dad’s house in Cat Springs after church and spent the entire day in the GORGEOUS weather. The morning started out rainy and wet, the start of second service was even heralded with thunder and a downpour of about 2 inches of rain. We were sure that the Easter Bunny was not going to be able to put in an appearance and we would have to hold an inside hunt. Lunch was potluck (per usual) and really yummy. Mom cooked brisket and the rest of us brought a side dish of some sort. As we were getting lunch ready the ground dried up and it actually got hot. By 2pm the bunny had come and the kids were dying to get outside.

Since the kids younger than mine are only 3 - 9 years old, the bunny had to be pretty obvious about his hiding spots. (The garden is in the fence due to all of the deer that try to snack on the tomato plants).

Uncle Wayne got the sizeable chore of keeping the kids in the house until everything was ready. Just before they were ready to go everything had to come to a halt since Papa's camera ran out of batteries. I thought the kids would go crazy from the extended wait. Finally they were given the green light and were out the door with a shot.

Aunt Jo was helping Grant ensure that none of the eggs were left in the yard.

After Rachel and I emptied her eggs she needed to collect a bag to keep them in. I was amazed at the amount of "loot" they all collected.

Since it was so beautiful out we spent the remainder of the day outside on the porch. Mom and dad got to play with all of the grandbabies in between their playing on the swing set, riding the lawnmower and blowing bubbles.

(Shelby is the newest of the grandbabies, she is 5 months old now)

I have no idea how he managed this but dad actually fell asleep on the porch while the rest of us were talking loudly around him.

The rest of the sisters left around 5pm to put the kiddos down for a short nap (or an early bedtime) and Wayne, Ben and I stayed around to talk, help clean up, and finally left around 8pm. All in all it was an Awesome Easter Sunday and as was repeated and proclaimed "HE IS RISEN, HE IS RISEN INDEED!"

No comments:

Post a Comment