Saturday, July 25, 2009

Birthday

Thursday we celebrated Lauren’s 18th birthday.  Have YOU ever taken four teenagers out to dinner?  If you have, you know that it is a heck of a way to spend an evening.  Ben had a headache and was crabby, Josh’s allergies were bothering him so he was crabby, Josh and Liz were bickering again (Dr. Phil…can’t you come over and help?) and poor Lauren was just trying to hold on.  By the time we got to the restaurant I was ready to string them all up just on principal. 

When we got inside we were told that we would have to wait for 10 minutes, I was just waiting for the fighting to start again.  Thankfully the Good Lord took pity on me and we were called almost immediately.  Of course, they put all 5 of us at a table for 4.  Good Grief.  Knowing what I do, I grabbed crayons and kids menus on the way past the station and passed them out when we sat down.  There was an almost immediate change in the atmosphere at the table.

IMG_7462 Ben was informing me that I was not allowed to take pictures of him during the night.  It didn’t work out that way.

IMG_7463

IMG_7470 Finally concentrating.

   IMG_7464 Coloring on each other’s pages.  Thankfully I brought extra

 

IMG_7466 “Ben, I want the blue one”  No – really, that is what she said before she grabbed the crayon.  I said 18th birthday right?

 

IMG_7471 IMG_7473 IMG_7472

I was just about ready for my own table by the time they brought the food.  Thankfully while they were loud and having fun, it didn’t completely deteriorate into juvenile bathroom humor.  You did notice I said completely, right?

After dinner there was the traditional song and cake :)IMG_7483

IMG_7486 IMG_7491

IMG_7493 IMG_7499 “I don’t want the check, you are closer”.  Doesn’t ever seem to work that way.  We came home with lots of leftovers and even better memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment