Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Other Stuff

Since not having the computer, other really great stuff has happened besides the renovations and I want to share.

Most notably, Jared, Wayne’s youngest, graduated from high school and was formally accepted at University of Louisiana Monroe to chase his meteorology degree.  It was a great (but very long) ceremony.

IMG_3601 IMG_3605 IMG_3608 IMG_3621 IMG_3625 IMG_3634 IMG_3635 IMG_3640

Letting the graduate decide where to eat had us at Benihanna’s which was  yummy!

I promised cute kitten pictures and since he isn’t here any more this is all I have left…but Josh (my oldest) has claimed Mr. Shifu as his own and they are batch’ing it together.


Finally Wayne and I finally finished a project that was one of those “If I’d have only known it was this easy I would have done it years ago”.  When we got our furniture from Basset it broke within a month so we had to have it fixed.  They overstuffed the cushions and they were so uncomfortable but we figured it would take a lot of work to fix them.  Surprisingly it was easy.


Very overstuffed chair which is uncomfortable.  Also they under stuffed the back so it was hard to get out of.

1.  unzip the outside cover


2. take off the under cover

 IMG_3583 IMG_3584

3. Peel off the top cushion which is inconsistently glued down so it is easy in some places and horrible in others.


4. Pull out lots of extra stuffing

IMG_3586 IMG_3587 IMG_3588 

5.  Use General Adhesive and glue top cushion back down.

IMG_3589 IMG_3591 IMG_3592 IMG_3593Step to seal and repeat OFTEN!  Another project down.

No comments:

Post a Comment